Comprehensive Prenuptial and Postnuptial Agreement Representation in Newark, CA
Prenuptial agreements and postnuptial agreements, or prenups and postnups, are growing more common statewide as younger people are increasingly likely to use them. While these agreements used to carry more of a negative stigma, people are now beginning to realize the ramifications of entering a legal contract — such as a marriage — without actually taking the time to consider that contract. Prenups and postnups give you a chance to do so.
If you are interested in drafting a marital agreement or just learning more about your options, we can help here at CC LawGroup, A Professional Corporation. Our California family lawyers have more than 28 years of experience working with couples like you to develop satisfying contracts for their marriage. We are a multilingual and full-service firm in Newark. We understand marriage, divorce, and everything in between. This makes us uniquely qualified to help you decide if a prenup is right for you and to draft a document that will stand up in court.
Benefits of a Marital Agreement
While prenuptial and postnuptial agreements can never address things like child custody and child support, there are still many benefits. For instance:
- A prenup can help protect your company in the event of a divorce.
- A prenup can protect your estate, making it a valuable part of your estate planning as you strive to keep important assets in the family. We can help with comprehensive asset and property protection.
- A prenup can ensure you are not responsible for your partner’s debts.
- A prenup can protect your retirement assets so that you can still retire on time.
- A prenup gives you both peace of mind. You can make rational decisions about what is best for your future, knowing you are financially protected no matter the outcome.
- A prenup covers you as the divorce rate stays high. Even though you do not go into marriage thinking you will get divorced, you cannot ignore the statistics.
- A prenup allows you to create unique provisions for your unique relationship. For instance, some couples have drafted prenups giving a direct payment to one spouse if the other is not faithful to the marriage.
Postnups can accomplish all of these tasks as well. Overall, marital agreements allow you to draft the contract you want for your marriage. Would you start a business without a contract and a partnership agreement? Most likely not. Why would you look at marriage any differently?
Working With Us to Draft Your Prenuptial or Postnuptial Agreement
Marital contracts are an excellent way to personalize your marriage and protect yourself and your spouse from whatever the future may bring. The best way to draft a contract that works for your relationship is to consult with an experienced, empathetic attorney like the experts at CC LawGroup, A Professional Corporation. To learn more about drafting a prenup or postnup with our attorneys, please contact us online or call 510-402-1579 to set up a consultation