Empathetic and Knowledgeable Family Law Attorneys in Newark, CA
Family law disputes are among the most stressful and confusing events most people ever face. Many people in the East Bay and Tri-Valley areas find themselves in family law cases for the first time. If you’re facing a family law disagreement, you’ll benefit from receiving counsel from an experienced, empathetic attorney.
CC LawGroup, A Professional Corporation in Newark, California, is a full-service law firm that provides exceptional and empathetic representation at the negotiating table and in the courtroom. During the time we work together, you will receive experienced, hands-on legal care. Our knowledgeable staff will take the time to listen to your legal concerns and find cost-efficient solutions to help you meet your goals.
Fremont Divorce and Child Custody Attorneys Working for You
We understand that your family’s needs stretch beyond the courtroom. Our goal is to provide compassionate attention to your legal and financial concerns while helping you obtain resolutions pertaining to:
- Divorce. We work with clients of all ages and stations in life who are considering divorce, going through a divorce, or living with its aftermath. Whether your process is contested, uncontested, collaborative, or mediated, our goal is to help you retain your assets, property, and visitation rights, so you can move on with your life. We also can work with you to alter the terms of your divorce through a post-decree modification.
- Child custody. We assist divorcing couples and unmarried parents in finding meaningful resolutions in child custody cases. Our staff prides itself on taking the time to understand client needs and working with them to reach their goals.
- Child support. Our law firm can help you navigate the complicated child support calculation process and obtain fair child support orders. We can also help you with a child support modification.
- Modifications and enforcement. CC LawGroup, A Professional Corporation, can help clients obtain or prevent modifications to existing divorce orders and help clients enforce the terms of their agreements.
- Division of properties. We can assist clients through all stages of a divorce, including the division of assets, properties, and debts acquired during a marriage.
- Spousal support. If you need support pending the dissolution process, you can get temporary support. Various statutory factors determine the support you are entitled to receive, such as marital standard of living, need, and more. We can assist you in pursuing temporary support during the court case as well as permanent support.
- Marital contracts. We also assist clients in drafting marital agreements, such as prenuptial and postnuptial agreements. We can help you design a contract that fits your relationship’s specific circumstances.
Family Law Frequently Asked Questions
Here at CC LawGroup, A Professional Corporation, our lawyers are happy to help you make sure you understand your legal rights. Below are a few questions and answers to help you get started.
How Long Will a Divorce Take?
Every case is different. Some are resolved in just a few months, while some rare cases take years. To a large degree, it depends on whether any aspects of the divorce are contested. The more you and your partner agree on elements of the settlement, the faster it goes.
What Is a Community Property State?
California is a community property state. This means state courts consider marital assets as “community” property that should be split equally between spouses. For a split other than 50/50, spouses must negotiate, or the court must determine that an equal division is unfair.
What Are the Child’s Best Interests?
Courts always focus on the child’s best interests. They consider the parents’ roles within the home, the child’s school, the living situation, the parents’ criminal convictions, the child’s age, and much more. Essentially, no matter what the parents want, the court tries to rule in a way that puts the child first.
How Is Child Support Determined?
Child support is determined with the following formula: CS = K (HN – (H%) (TN)).
In this equation, CS is the total support paid. K is the parents’ combined income for support purposes. HN is the high earner’s disposable income. H% is the physical custody percentage of the high earner. TN is both parents’ disposable income. When you come into our Newark office, we can walk you through this child support formula and help you determine what your child support terms should be.
Is Joint Custody 50/50?
Not always. While joint physical custody may be split equally between parents, the court again considers the child’s best interests. That may mean that one parent gets more or less time with the children.
Investing Today in a Better Future
At CC LawGroup, A Professional Corporation, investing in quality legal representation is essential for the achievement of your goals and in planning your future. Choosing an attorney is an investment. With this in mind, we can assist you in setting goals by providing a cost-and-benefit analysis.
We consider your working with our lawyers as an investment in your future. While you may be spending money with us now, we are working to create a better situation that will allow you to thrive in years to come.Contact us online or call 510-402-1579 to begin discussing your legal needs. Our office, located right off 880 off Mowry Avenue, in front of NewPark Mall, near the Dumbarton Bridge, has free parking and is handicap-accessible.